Hemorrhoids are also referred to as piles and affect people from all over the world, every culture, sex, and age. Hemorrhoids are a condition where there is excessive pressure in the anal canal, resulting in painful lumps of skin tissue. This condition is usually caused by excessive strain such as pregnancy, heavy lifting, liver disease, poor nutrition, lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle. People can avoid experiencing the condition of hemroids by trying out these specific lifestyle changes:
- Try changing your diet. If you do not already have a high fiber diet and eat lots of protein items, fresh fruit and vegetables, then try to. By adding more of these healthy food choices in your diet you will greatly reduce the chances of ever having to experience hemorrhoids.
- Drink more water. Water is very important and we should have at least 8 glasses of it a day. This can help loosen up the stool in the bowel and make it easier to pass.
- Exercise more. Exercise is extremely important when it comes to preventing hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids can develop when an individual has a sedentary lifestyle and when they are sitting all day long.
Bleeding hemorrhoids can be a very painful condition and they can be internal or external. A bleeding hemroid can be much more serious than regular hemorrhoids. Regular hemorrhoids tend to heal over a few days while bleeding hemorrhoids can take much longer. A bleeding hemroid should not be ignored and should be looked at by a general practitioner. If you notice blood in your stool or if you see fresh blood on toilet paper after wiping, then it is necessary to see a doctor. Some of the most common reasons for bleeding hemorrhoids are:
- Hypertension of the veins in the anal canal
- Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- Sensitive anal canal veins
- Long periods of sitting
- Bowel movement strain
Many people experience and suffer from bleeding hemorrhoids and they can be an embarrassing experience. People may avoid situations such as work and social settings if they are experiencing them. It is important to know that you are not alone and there are many ways to treat hemorrhoids. Try using homeopathic and natural remedies for bleeding hemorrhoids. It is important to consult with your doctor so you can find the right bleeding hemorrhoids treatment. In the meantime, use some of these methods to reduce the pain.
- Try a sitz bath. Sit in a bath of warm water a few times a day for hemorrhoid relief.
- Use ice to numb the area and relieve you of some of the pain you might be experiencing.
- Buy some witch hazel and apply it a few times a day. Witch hazel is in liquid form and can help heal wounds, sprains, cuts, and bruises.
- Try a hydrocortisone cream. Make sure you speak to the pharmacist before you try any over the counter medication.
Make sure you plan a visit to the doctor if you have bleeding hemorrhoids. This is to make sure you are not suffering from a more serious condition.