Suffering from hemorrhoids? There are many solutions for hemroid relief. Hemorrhoids can be a difficult experience to endure. Hemorrhoids are lumps of tissue that form within the anal canal, or around the rim of the anus after excessive strain occurs. They can also bleed at times when there is irritation or rubbing. The symptoms of hemorrhoids can include itchiness, inflammation, bleeding, pain, and the discharge of mucus. Hemorrhoids are caused by strain and bodily stress. Some more specific causes can be pregnancy, heavy lifting, diarrhea, excessive intake of caffeine or alcohol, liver disease, constipation and sitting for long periods of time. A sedentary lifestyle can lead to hemorrhoid development. Constipation is a major cause as it involves the build up of hard stool in the bowel; therefore, creating strain as a person tries to pass it. Sometimes a bowel movement can push internal hemorrhoids outside of the anus and the individual might have to push them back in manually.
Hemorrhoids relief can come in a variety of ways. They can either be relieved naturally, surgically, or with medications and ointments. If you are seeking a home remedy that can provide you with some hemorrhoid relief then see these options below:
- Ice can be cooling and shrink the size of the hemorrhoids. Try applying ice to the hemorrhoids a few times a day and for ten minutes at a time if possible. The burning sensation will decrease and the hemorrhoids will eventually disappear after a week or so of treatment.
- Use Witch Hazel. Witch Hazel is a recommended product for hemorrhoids. Apply this liquid a few times a day with a cotton ball or wipe. This product is known for curing sprains, bruises, cuts, abrasions, and other minor issues.
- Sit in a sitz bath. A sitz bath is great for hemorid relief. It is when an individual sits in a bath of warm water a few times a day. This can greatly reduce the pain of hemorrhoids and help them heal and disappear.
- Take a few walks a day. If you have an office job where you sit for almost eight hours a day then get up and walk around the office every now and then. This will keep the circulation flowing throughout the body and prevent the body from having any extra stress or strain.
- Practice Yoga for ultimate health. Stretching can decrease your chances of getting hemorrhoids.
Many people look for hemorrhoids relief in over the counter products. Over the counter products can be beneficial as they can help shrink the hemorrhoids and take care of any infection that is present and prevent one from happening. There are surgical procedures that can be performed such as banding or cutting of the hemorrhoids. If you are seeking hemroid relief then is it wise to check with your doctor about your options. Hemorrhoids are difficult to deal with, but they are treatable. A doctor will be able to recommend a surgical procedure such as a hemorrhoidectemy or they may suggest natural home remedies. They may also prescribe a medication that can decrease the amount of inflammation.